Losing it all the hard way

An occasional update of the highs and lows of weight odyssey.

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Dear blog

Dear blog,

I have not written you in a while. I must confess I should report to you more. I have rebooted the weight loss process but I have to be more aware than I was before because of the gains that I have made.

The reasons for me losing weight are too numerous to recount but some bear repeating. First, I have forgotten the lessons of mom's death. The diabetes that took her --slowly. The fact that though she knew she had it and constantly fought the ways to make her better or at least more comfortable as time progressed. I have to remind myself of the pain that the effects of the disease caused her. Though it could not be stopped, there were ways to make her going less tortuous. I am in a position to make things right. I still have time. I need to do it.

(God, you slowly reveal your calling in my life and I purpose to continue that calling until You see fit that I should complete it. I know I have my own stewardship of this time and this temple. Lord, give me strength to give up what I should and not give in to temptation. I have seen the horrible after effects of living this way. I know the fall has taken its toll on us as humanity but, Lord, keep me from stewarding my own temple in such a way as to dishonor you. Amen)

A second fact is the compounding effect on my other weaknesses. I have a heart problem, electrical and dangerous, that is further exacerbated by not taking care of myself. Every other stress I put on this problem makes daily living a chore. It is workable now but I have made comparison between having lost weight and gained some of it back. I used to feel better. I used to have more energy. I want it back.

A final fact, for know, is that I do have something for which to live. I love my wife and my hope is that I spend as much of this temporal life with her as God allows. She has stood with me through it all. I love her and, although this may seem selfish, I want to spend as much quality time as I can with her. I have my students. I have learned from them as much as I have taught. I like this exchange. I want to continue. I have the ministry that God has given me. Whatever that is, it is a privilege to live in doing a Sovereign God's will.

BA3

No comments:

Post a Comment